Dear Emerge Supporters,
Please find below the special update on Project Inspire. Thank you all for the encouragement, advise and support extended towards this success.
Emerge Lanka Foundation was selected as the Runner-Up at Project Inspire held in Singapore, on 13th November 2015. Project Inspire is a worldwide social impact competition run by the Singapore Committee for UN Women and MasterCard.
Out of more than 430 applications from 65 countries, Emerge Lanka Foundation was the only Sri Lankan organization that was selected as a finalist. As Runner-Up, Emerge Lanka won an award and grant of USD $10,000 from Hilton Worldwide to support expansion of its programs to new girls.
Picture 1: Award
Emerge Founder, Alia Whitney-Johnson, presented its flagship programme; Beads-to-Business to a panel of 7 Project Inspire judges. The theme for this year’s competition was Design and Technology and Alia presented key elements of Beads-to-Business which captured these concepts in the program and its high level impact. The presentation was followed by a series of questions that covered aspects such as sustainability, technical training, sales, and policy level networks.
You can watch her PITCH via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eHYMYIc4-s&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop
Picture 2: Alia presenting at the Grand Final in Singapore
The Project Inspire grant will aid Emerge Lanka to expand their program to a new shelter in early 2016.
Picture 3: Alia accepting Runners Up award from Hilton Worldwide Representative and Chief Adjudicator
PRESS LINKS :
- AdaDerana – BizEnglish.lk 17th November [Tuesday]: http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/emerge-lanka-named-runner-up-at-project-inspire-2015/
- Ceylon Business Reporter 18th November [Wednesday]: http://cbr.lk/economics/emerge-lanka-named-runner-project-inspire-2015/
- Daily News Colombo – 19th November [Thursday]: https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P3-3869689431.html
- Financial Times – 19th November [Thursday]: http://www.ft.lk/article/499679/Emerge-Lanka-named-Runner-up-at-Project-Inspire-2015
- Daily Mirror – 19th November [Thursday]: Print version only (See below)
Picture 4 – Daily Mirror article, Thursday 19th November 2015
Mumtaz Aroos Faleel